Andy Roddick on whether he misses tennis, Patrick Mouratoglou on Serena's illnesses at last two Slams and more of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Great interview with Andy Roddick in The New York Times. Asked whether he craves being back on the court: "Every time I watch a Wawrinka-Djokovic final I’m going, 'I’m soooo good where I’m at.'"
• From the The New York Times, Patrick Mouratoglou believes Serena Williams' health problems at the Australian Open and French Open are stress-related.
• This is some headline: Thanasi Kokkinakis laid low with flatulence. And the article backs actually delivers on the headline.
• In a profile in The Guardian, Rafael Nadal is asked about the concept of "talent" as it relates to his rivalry with Roger Federer:
“It is obvious that he hits the ball easier than me, he serves better than me and he is able to do the things easier than what I do. So his talent is much better there.
“But I have talent too—to be there. I have the talent to put one more ball inside. I have the talent to play with a good level a lot of hours in a row. That is what I did during my whole career. And I have the talent to not miss much, and to come back from very tough positions, to be in a defensive position and pass very quickly to an aggressive position. His style is completely different to mine. Probably that makes the rivalry special.”
• Bernard Tomic will boycott Australia's next Davis Cup tie due to an ever-growing rift with Tennis Australia. The national governing body has refused to offer funding to Tomic's younger sister Sara because of their issues with his father John.
• Nice photoshoot of the ATP's rising teenagers by The Daily Mail.
• Credit to Eugenie Bouchard: She can laugh at herself.
• Stan Wawrinka's shorts continue to leave a lasting impression: Here's his new Subaru commercial.
• Novak Djokovic went shirtless at The Boodles again last week.