The race to National Signing Day has begun. Sports Illustrated and Scout.com have partnered to provide complete coverage of college football recruiting. Follow along daily with conference-by-conference recruiting shows featuring analysis, breaking news, prospect breakdowns and much more all leading up to Signing Day on Feb. 3.
Welcome to the first episode of SI.com and Scout.com’s National Recruiting Show. From now through National Signing Day, we’ll be covering the biggest topics in recruiting and the class of 2016. In this week’s episode, SI’s B.J. Schecter and Scout.com’s Scott Kennedy discuss:
• Which schools have the top 2016 recruiting classes right now? In one of the tightest recruiting races in years, who could end up with the best haul?
• How has Alabama managed to pull in one of the best classes in the country year after year under Nick Saban? What does Saban do better than any other coach to get top recruits to buy in?
• Which schools have been some of the biggest surprises this recruiting season? Who have been some of the biggest disappointments?
• How are some of the biggest hires of the coaching carousel faring in their first recruiting cycles? How did new Georgia coach Kirby Smart handle his split duties while he was finishing out a national championship season as Alabama’s defensive coordinator? Is Mark Richt the man to revive ‘The U?’
• Who are the biggest potential impact players in this year’s recruiting class? How does Rashan Gary compare to past great defensive line recruits? What are some of the best fits of talent and scheme?