Wide receiver Antonio Callaway has been re-instated by the Florida football program, coach Jim McElwain announced Monday.
McElwain said that he was told by university officials on Friday that Callaway had been cleared to play in games.
Callaway was suspended on Jan. 27 after being accused of sexual assault by a female student in December. He was not allowed to return to the campus until June and did not participate in spring practice.
Callaway had been found not responsible for sexual assault following a Title IX investigation that culminated with a hearing on Aug. 12. His accuser did not attend the hearing after learning a major Florida booster had been chosen as the hearing officer.
The sophomore was a major part of the Gators’ offense in 2015, recording 35 receptions for 678 yards and four touchdowns.
Two other receivers, freshmen Tyrie Cleveland and Rick Wells, are currently suspended for firing BB guns and causing more than $1,000 in property damage in a university dorm.