It's never too early to start your fantasy football research, and we here at SI Fantasy want to provide you with the best information possible heading into your drafts. Our "Draft or Pass" video series takes a closer look at two fantasy players with similar ADPs. Are our hosts targeting one of these players specifically? Are they avoiding one entirely?
Today's video focuses on two premier wide receivers: the Atlanta Falcons' Julio Jones and Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Mike Evans.
Draft at current ADP: Julio Jones
Last season was Jones' first finish inside the top four wide receivers on a points-per-game basis since finishing as the No. 1 overall player at the position in 2015. He was the WR5 in 2016 and the WR7 in both 2017 and 2018 before finishing as the WR3 in 2019. He's attached to a pass-happy offense with a good quarterback and a legitimate No. 2 option on the other side of the field in Calvin Ridley. The Falcons also have a brutal road schedule and should be forced to throw a lot again this season. Should we expect the same level of production, or is there reason to be worried heading into his age-31 season?
Pass at current ADP: Mike Evans
There's a ton of hype around all Tampa Bay players right now, and it's understandable. The addition of future Hall of Famer Tom Brady to an offense filled with studs is incredibly exciting. A hamstring injury ended Evans' 2019 season prematurely, but he finished as the WR5 in average fantasy points per game (17.9) despite putting up a goose egg in Week 5. Evans was also a borderline WR1 the year prior. Will Brady's addition be a considerable boost, or are there too many mouths to feed in Tampa Bay with Chris Godwin and Rob Gronkowski also eating up targets? I'm not going to fade Evans entirely, but it's not all roses in Tampa Bay.
MORE FROM SI GAMBLING:
- 2020 NFL Rookie Prop Betting Guide
- How Many Receiving Yards Will Jalen Reagor Have in 2020?
- How Many Receiving Yards Will Justin Jefferson Have in 2020?
- Who Goes No. 1 Overall in 2021 NFL Draft?
- NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Best Bets and Longshot
- NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year Best Bets and Longshot
- NFL Super Bowl Odds: Biggest Risers and Fallers Post-NFL Draft
- How Many Sacks will Chase Young have in 2020?
- How Many Yards will Tua Tagovailoa Throw For in 2020?
- How Many Receiving Yards will CeeDee Lamb Have in 2020?