According to ESPN, the NBA is suspending Milwaukee star Giannis Antetokounmpo for the Bucks’ final seeding game on Thursday.
The suspension comes after Giannis head bumped Wizards’ Moe Wagner. He was ejected in the second quarter of Tuesday’s win over the Wizards after the altercation with Wagner occurred. Giannis's one-game suspension means he will miss Thursday’s regular-season game against the Memphis Grizzlies.
In a press conference after Tuesday's game, Giannis said, “It wasn’t just him. It was like you know in my mind all those games I played guys hitting me. I lost it for a second. As I said if I could go back, I would have changed it. Try to stay in the game. I gotta live with it.”
The Milwaukee Bucks will be ok without Giannis in play Thursday as they have already clinched the NBA’s best record and the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs.
FOR MORE CONTENT FROM SI:
- Tottenham Signs Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, Sends Kyle Walker-Peters to Southampton
- 'Hard Knocks' Returns Tonight, but Does Anyone Care? TRAINA THOUGHTS
- Michele Roberts Opens Up About the NBA Bubble and What's Next
- Fantasy Football Bust of the Year: Which 2019 Stud Should You Fade in 2020?
- 'Ted Lasso' and the Journey From Viral Promo to TV Series
- Where Does Rob Manfred Go From Here?
- NBA Power Rankings: Who is Trending in the Right Direction Ahead of the Playoffs