The Los Angeles Lakers took a 3-1 series lead in the Western Conference Finals after beating the Denver Nuggets 114 to 108 in Game 4 on Thursday Night. The Lakers are now just one win away from going to the Finals.
Stars Anthony Davis and LeBron James combined for 60 points but Game 4 was also about the Lakers offensive rebounds. Los Angeles had 12 in total vs the Nuggets. Denver’s Jamal Murray had a stellar performance but after the Nuggets missed their last 5 shots in the final minutes, the Lakers came out on top.
Denver now goes into Game 5 trailing but history is on their side. The Nuggets have come back twice in the playoff series from a 3-1 deficit. Can they do it again? Well, we’ll have to wait and see. Game 5 is set for Saturday night in the NBA bubble.
FOR MORE CONTENT FROM SI:
- Revisiting Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes as Draft Prospects Before Their MNF Showdown
- College Football Expert Picks: SEC Kickoff Adds Jolt to Weekend
- Why NXT Champion Finn Bálor Fell in Love With Seinfeld During the Pandemic
- Is Anthony Davis LeBron James’s Best Teammate Ever?
- Raised at the Track, John Hunter Nemechek is Carrying on His Family’s Legacy
- Anthony Davis Is the Lakers’ Present, and Their Future
- Dan Patrick Says He 'Stayed Three Years Longer Than [He] Should've' at ESPN: TRAINA THOUGHTS