FANTASY PLAYS: Time to dump Matthew Stafford?
Detroit coach Jim Caldwell is sticking with Matthew Stafford as his quarterback. How about you?
What to do, what to do. The hardest thing is saying so long to a draft pick, especially if you have an emotional attachment.
Josh McCown (owned by 15 percent in Yahoo leagues) isn't a bad option, especially with Johnny Manziel no longer breathing down his neck. McCown threw for 457 yards and two touchdowns in the Browns' 33-30 win over the Ravens. He also was named the AFC's offensive player of the week.
But now he goes against that vaunted Denver defense featuring Von Miller & Co. Still, have to like McCown's chances better than trotting out Stafford again, right?
Or how about grabbing Matt Cassel (next week, since Dallas is on a bye). Cassel threw for 469 yards and four TDs - in 2010, when he was with Kansas City.
Atlanta receiver Roddy White was hoping to be more involved in the offense. This was a step in the right direction: He caught three passes in a loss to New Orleans on Thursday night, including his first TD of the season.
THOUGHTS ENTERING WEEK(END) 6
- It's wait-and-see for the Indianapolis offense. Last week, Matt Hasselbeck had the Colts moving and Andre Johnson scoring two touchdowns against his former team after a miserable start to the season. Andrew Luck is back to throwing in practice, though it's unclear if he'll be back this week against New England, not to mention whether Johnson's resurrection was a one-week deal.
- The Allens - Robinson and Hurns - are getting it done in Jacksonville. Robinson had two touchdown catches last week, while Hurns has at least 70 yards and a touchdown for three straight weeks.
- Need receiver help? Maybe look at Baltimore's Kamar Aiken (24 percent owned in Yahoo leagues). The Ravens need receiver help, even if Steve Smith Sr. is steadily making his way back from injury. And Aiken has 155 yards receiving with a touchdown on 16 targets in the past two games.
- Washington's Jamison Crowder has been targeted 20 times the last two weeks. He caught all eight thrown his way last weekend. Still owned in just 8 percent of ESPN leagues.
- Overshadowed last weekend by Tampa Bay teammate Doug Martin, Charles Sims had a good performance as he rushed for 51 yards and caught four passes for another 85 yards. He's owned in 24 percent of Yahoo leagues.
OF CHIEF CONCERN
So do you start West or Knile Davis? In Yahoo PPR leagues, West is forecasted for 11.65 points and Davis 7.29. West may be the better option, simply because he figures to be featured in third-down situations.
GRAB HIM NOW
- New England receiver Brandon LaFell is eligible to come off the physically-unable-to-perform list in Week 7. Scoop him up while you can. He's demonstrated he has quite a rapport with Tom Brady. LaFell caught 74 passes for 953 yards and seven TDs last season.
Pat Graham is an Associated Press sports writer based in Denver. He's played NFL fantasy football for a while and also dabbles in college fantasy football. Follow him on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pgraham34.