NFL Week 8 injury roundup: Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell carted off
That wasn’t all for notable injuries in Week 8. Here are some others:
• Chicago Bears running back Matt Forte was taken to the locker room in the third quarter of the team’s game against the Vikings with an apparent lower right leg injury and would not return. Wide receiver Eddie Royal also left with a knee injury and was ruled out.
• Ravens wide receiver Steve Smith, Sr. went down with apparent right leg injury and had to be helped off the field. After the game, it was announced Smith tore his Achilles would miss the remainder of the season.
• Jets quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick tore ligaments in the thumb on his non-throwing hand and was replaced by Geno Smith, but returned in the final minute of the game when Smith injured his shoulder and abdomen. Wide receiver Brandon Marshall left with toe and ankle injuries but later returned.
• 49ers running back Reggie Bush was carted off with a left knee injury after slipping on concrete following a punt return and was ruled out. Safety L.J. McCray (knee) and tight end Garrett Celek (concussion) were also knocked out of the game. Bush is believed to have a torn ACL.
• Seahawks wideout Ricardo Lockette was hit hard on a block and was taken off on a stretcher with a concussion. He was awake and talking on the field, and able to move his arms.
• Browns defensive backs Joe Haden and Donte Whitner left to be evaluated for concussions.
• Chargers wideouts Keenan Allen (muscle spasms) and Stevie Johnson (shoulder) both exited with injuries against the Ravens. Tight end Ladarius Green (ankle), defensive end Corey Liuget (foot), cornerback Jason Verrett (leg) and offensive linemen Chris Watt (shoulder), King Dunlap (ankle) and Chris Hairston (knee) also left.
• New Orleans Saints running back Khiry Robinson was carted off the field after a long stoppage with a right leg injury. He was given an air cast and taken to the hospital, according to the game broadcast.
• Saints cornerback Damian Swann was taken to the locker room to go through the league’s concussion protocol.
• Tennessee Titans wide receiver Kendall Wright left with a left knee injury.
• Falcons cornerback Desmond Trufant sustained a lower back injury.
This post will be updated.
- Kenny Ducey