By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Week 14 concluded with the New York Giants pulling off a 31–24 victory over the Miami Dolphins on Monday Night Football, keeping them in a tie for first place in the NFC East with the Philadelphia Eagles and Washington Redskins.
Everyone is chasing the Carolina Panthers, who remain the NFL’s only undefeated team after beating the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Andy Daltondoes not need surgery on his injured thumb and is listed as week-to-week, reports ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
• Denver Broncos quarterback Brock Osweiler will start Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers, reports Mike Kils of 9News. Peyton Manning, who has missed the last four games with a foot injury, is not expected to be able to play.
• Chat Sports: Five fantasy football players to pick up in Week 15
• Houston Texans quarterback Brian Hoyer is doubtful to play Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts after sustaining a concussion in his team’s loss to the New England Patriots, reports Schefter.
• Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Vincent Jackson will miss “several games” with a sprained MCL, reports NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
• The Cleveland Brownsannounced they have placed cornerback Joe Haden on injured reserve after he sustained two concussions earlier this season.
• New York Jets rookie wide receiver Devin Smith will miss the rest of the season with an ACL tear he sustained in Sunday’s win over the Tennessee Titans, the team announced.
• The Baltimore Ravens have signed quarterback Ryan Mallett, reports ESPN’s Dianna Marie Russini.
• Detroit Lions head coach Jim Caldwell said tight end Brandon Pettigrew will miss the rest of the season with a torn ACL.
• Chat Sports: Three NFL coaches who were total disasters in Week 14
• New Orleans Saints cornerback Damian Swann is expected to miss the rest of the season with a concussion, reports ESPN’s Mike Triplett. This is Swann’s third concussion this season.