Kevin Hanson joins SI for the 2019 season. His fantasy rankings have placed him in the Top 20 in each of the past two seasons among all the industry experts tracked by FantasyPros.com, and he has been in the Top 25 in six of the past eight years.
QB Start of the Week: Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills (vs. MIA)
Coming out of the team’s Week 6 bye, Allen gets a dream matchup at home against the winless Miami Dolphins. Miami’s league-worst scoring defense (36.0 points allowed per game) has also allowed the most fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks this season. In addition, the team has allowed a league-high 9.7 yards per pass attempt and a 14-to-1 TD-INT ratio on the year.
Allen has thrown more interceptions (seven) than touchdowns (five) and has averaged only 224.4 passing yards per game this season. That said, he has scored the 13th-most fantasy points per game this season.
A huge part of Allen's fantasy success comes from his legs. The second-year quarterback has now started 16 games in his young NFL career, racking up 763 rushing yards and 11 rushing touchdowns over that span.
A mobile quarterback, Allen has a more modest 41/158/3 rushing line through his first five games this season. Last season, however, he had four games with 95-plus rushing yards, two of which were against the Dolphins.
Fueled by his ability to put up gaudy rushing numbers for a quarterback, Allen has legitimate QB1 upside this week in a matchup where the Bills are favored by 16.5 points and have the week’s second-highest implied total (28.25 points) based on Vegas odds.
QB Sit of the Week: Philip Rivers, Los Angeles Chargers (at TEN)
Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers has thrown for 300-plus yards and multiple touchdowns in four of six games this season. While he has scored the 11th-most fantasy points this season, he ranks 15th on a per-game basis.
Rivers has a few challenging matchups on the horizon with the Titans and Bears in Weeks 7 and 8, respectively. Both teams rank in the bottom 10 in terms of fantasy points allowed to opposing quarterbacks this season. Tennessee ranks sixth in the NFL in pass defense (217.3 YPG allowed) and only five teams have more sacks (18) this season.
While Josh Allen and the Bills have one of the week’s highest implied totals, Rivers and the Chargers have one of the five lowest.
Week 7 fantasy football quarterback rankings:
• QB1: Lamar Jackson, BAL @ SEA
• QB2: Patrick Mahomes, KC @ DEN
• QB3: Russell Wilson, SEA vs BAL
• QB4: Deshaun Watson, HOU @ IND
• QB5: Kyler Murray, ARI @ NYG
• QB6: Matt Ryan, ATL vs LAR
• QB7: Josh Allen, BUF vs MIA
• QB8: Jared Goff, LAR @ ATL
• QB9: Dak Prescott, DAL vs PHI
• QB10: Carson Wentz, PHI @ DAL
• QB11: Aaron Rodgers, GB vs OAK
• QB12: Daniel Jones, NYG vs ARI
• QB13: Tom Brady, NE @ NYJ
• QB14: Jacoby Brissett, IND vs HOU
• QB15: Gardner Minshew, JAC @ CIN
• QB16: Jimmy Garoppolo, SF @ WAS
• QB17: Kirk Cousins, MIN @ DET
• QB18: Matthew Stafford, DET vs MIN
• QB19: Philip Rivers, LAC @ TEN
• QB20: Joe Flacco, DEN vs KC
• QB21: Andy Dalton, CIN vs JAC
• QB22: Sam Darnold, NYJ vs NE
• QB23: Ryan Tannehill, TEN vs LAC
• QB24: Derek Carr, OAK @ GB
• QB25: Teddy Bridgewater, NO @ CHI
Looking for an edge? Check out the Fantasy Assistant from FullTime Fantasy. Sync with your league, and this premium tool offers personalized waiver advice, team analysis, projections, optimal lineups and trade suggestions. Lose Saquon Barkley this week? Fantasy Assistant can automatically help you pick the best replacement. Join now for a free seven-day trial. Use promo code sifantasy for 30% off your first month or year.