Los Angeles Rams at Tampa Bay Buccaneers halftime report from Divisional Round weekend:
Rams 20, Bucs 3
Rams first half stats
- 1st downs: 15
- 3rd down conversation rate: 3-6
- Total net yards: 250
- Rushing yards: 31
- Passing yards: 219
- Field goals: 2-2
- Penalties: 1 (10 yards)
- Turnovers: 1
- Running back Cam Akers received the starting nod over Sony Michel – his first start since returning two weeks ago following an Achillies injury in mid-July.
- The Bucs right tackle position looks to be a weak link early on without Tristan Wirfs. The Rams have lined up Aaron Donald off that edge to get a favorable matchup.
- Rams backup tight end Kendall Blanton recorded the first touchdown of his career with a 7-yard grab from Matthew Stafford early in the first quarter. Entering today's game, Blanton had only caught four passes in his NFL career.
- Cooper Kupp broke free from the Tampa Bay secondary, hauling in a 70-yard touchdown grab thanks in part to a busted coverage.
- Rams swing tackle Joe Noteboom has fared extraordinarily well stepping in at left tackle for Andrew Whitworth, not allowing much pressure from Jason Pierre-Paul on Stafford in the first half.
- After running the ball 38 times in last week's win over the Cardinals, the Rams have reverted back to a pass-heavy attack, throwing 24 passes in the first half compared to 12 rushing attempts.
- Tom Brady was flagged for an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty – the first of his 22-year career. The flag was thrown after Brady suffered a hit from Von Miller in which Brady was seen after the play bleeding from the lip.
- Safety Nick Scott picked off Brady inside the two-minute warning, marking Scott's third interception of the season.
Players to note in the first half
New Rams WR Allen Robinson Says Coach Sean McVay Will 'Bring The Best Out Of' Him
Allen Robinson is excited to get going with the Rams offense.
'Guys Have To Step Up': Rams Justin Hollins Looks To Replace Von Miller's Production
With Von Miller now in Buffalo, Justin Hollins hopes to replace the production left behind in Los Angeles
'All-Around Player' Van Jefferson: Wants To Do 'Whatever' He can To Help Rams Win
Jefferson recently discussed his role in the Rams offense.
- Matthew Stafford: 18/24, 229 yards, 2 touchdowns
- Cooper Kupp: 4 catches, 102 yards, 1 touchdown
- Odell Beckham Jr.: 4 catches, 42 yards
- Aaron Donald: 2 tackles, 1TFL, 1 sack, 2 QB hits, 1 pass breakup
- Tom Brady: 10/22, 112 yards, 1 interception
- Leonard Fournette: 6 rushes, 28 yards
- Mike Evans: 4 catches, 42 yards
- Vita Vea: 2 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 sack, 2 QB hits
- Lavonte David: 8 tackles, 1 TFL
More from Ram Digest:
- Rams' Divisional Round Inactives at Buccaneers
- Rams at Buccaneers Divisional Round Closing Odds: Point Spread, Over/Under, Moneyline
- Aaron Donald Receives Fine for Incident With D.J. Humphries in Rams-Cardinals Wild Card Round Game
- Rams at Buccaneers: Divisional Round Prediction and Picks
- Rams at Buccaneers Divisional Round: 3 Bold Predictions
- Rams' Final Injury Report for Divisional Round at Buccaneers
- Rams Rule Out LT Andrew Whitworth, S Taylor Rapp vs. Buccaneers
- Rams Designate RB Darrell Henderson Jr., Two Others to Return From Injured Reserve
- Rams at Buccaneers Divisional Round Preview: Can L.A. Continue Their Recent Success vs. Tom Brady
- Jalen Ramsey Makes the Case for Raheem Morris Being Named Head Coach as Hiring Cycle Heats Up