Just three years after taking Leonard Fournette with the fourth overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Jaguars have released their 25-year-old rusher. The rocky relationship between the team and their running back is well-documented; withholding bonuses and suspending him for what the team deemed conduct detrimental to the team and benching him during games. Fournette will now hit the open market where several teams should pounce on the 2019 1,000 yard rusher. The Eagles, Bears, and Patriots are all rumored to be interested in signing the running back. As for the Jaguars remaining running backs, Chris Thompson and Ryquell Armstead are expected to split the workload in Jacksonville’s backfield. The team may also look to sign one of the many free agent veteran running backs including Devonta Freeman.
MORE FROM SI FANTASY
- Get all your difficult draft, starting lineup and waiver questions answered by our experts all season long by joining SI Fantasy+.
- Be careful before drafting our 2020 Bust Player of the Year. (+)
- Fabiano's PPR Rankings
- 2020 Draft Kit
- Mock Draft Simulator (Last minute draft prep. Takes 5 minutes to mock.)
- Preseason Pro Hub (Sleepers, Breakouts and Busts from the top players)
- Team Outlooks Hub
- Fantasy Football Projections (+)
- Tiered Rankings with commentary (printable)
- Breakout Player of 2020 (+)
- Comeback Player of 2020 (+)