Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Bruce Arians publicly critiqued Tom Brady following Tampa Bay's 34–23 loss to the Saints on Sunday.
On Tuesday, Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre said that Arians was, "barking up the wrong tree" in publicly critiquing the 6 time Super Bowl winner.
Favre said on SiriusXM NFL Radio, “I think the last person you want to call out after the first game of the year is Tom Brady." Arians opened up on Wednesday saying he has a “healthy relationship” with his new quarterback.
Arians shared, “Tom and I are fine. I don't really care what other people think. So it's just what he and I think, We left the stadium fine. We showed up today fine. There ain't nothin' to talk about."
Brady completed 23 of his 36 pass attempts Sunday for two touchdowns and two interceptions. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers hosts the Carolina Panthers this Sunday in Week 2.
FOR MORE CONTENT FROM SI:
- Reggie Miller and Chris Webber Preview the X-Factors of the Western Conference Finals
- Wade Barrett Signs With WWE as Part of the NXT Broadcast Team
- Messi Scores Pair of Goals in Barcelona's Preseason Friendly vs. Girona
- Mickie James Seeks Seventh WWE Title in Championship Program With Asuka
- Gareth Bale's Agent Confirms Talks Over Possible Tottenham Return From Real Madrid
- Ten Things We Learned From the Big Ten's Reversal on Playing a Fall Season
- Daniel Cormier Would Relish WWE Commentary Role: ‘I Would Love That, and I Wouldn’t Be Faking It’
- Mailbag: How Does the Big Ten's Return Affect the NFL Draft?