The Denver Nuggets defeated the Utah Jazz in Game 7 with a final score of 80-78.
With 27.8 seconds remaining and the game tied at 78, Nikola Jokic took a shot over Rudy Gobert giving the Nuggets a 2 point lead. Mike Conley attempted a game-winning 3-pointer at the buzzer that could have won it for the Jazz but instead rattled off the rim.
Denver was in a 3-1 hole but The Nuggets were able to turn it around winning the last 3 games and the Western Conference series. The Nuggets become just the 12th team in NBA history to win a series after trailing 3-1.
Denver will advance and play the Los Angeles Clippers in the Western Conference semifinals on Thursday.
FOR MORE CONTENT FROM SI:
- 'Is This Worth It?' Football, a Suicide and a Path Forward
- Predicting Every Team’s Record for the 2020 NFL Season
- Mason Greenwood Garners Hype as England's Next Great Star
- What Clubs Are Saying About Potentially Signing Lionel Messi
- UEFA Nations League Returns With World Cup Qualifying Stakes, Marquee Matchups
- Finn Bálor Seeks to Reclaim NXT’s Top Spot: ‘I’ve Grown More in the Past 11 Months Than I Ever Have’
- NBA Power Rankings: Lakers, Clippers Claim Top Spots
- Taylor Rooks and Channing Frye Have a Detailed Conversation About NBA Players Pooping: TRAINA THOUGHTS