JPDATE: (9/1), 10:00 AM) - Saints will play the Packers in Jacksonville, FL at TIAA Stadium, per Jeff Duncan and Amie Just.
UPDATE (9/1, 9:00 AM) - Scheduling conflicts may prevent the Saints-Packers at AT&T Stadium. TCU has offered to host the game. More details coming from GM Mickey Loomis.
Stefan Stevenson reports Jerry Jones told KRLD/105.3 FM "The Fan" that the Dallas Cowboys organization is working on a deal for the New Orleans Saints to host the Green Bay Packers in Week 1 of the NFL regular season at AT&T Stadium on Sept. 12.
“They were able to secure accommodations [in the area],” Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said on KRLD/105.3 “The Fan” on Monday. “It’s just great that we’re able to help them. It’s a heartbreaking situation with what’s going on there in south Louisiana. It’s just very difficult for anybody living in that area.” ~ Star-Telegram
In Tuesday's media session, head coach Sean Payton mentioned "the team will be away from New Orleans through September as the city recovers from Hurricane Ida."
Payton also confirmed the likelihood of New Orleans' season opener will be played in Dallas. The team's next two games are on the road versus the Panthers (9/19) and Patriots (9/26). New Orleans next home game is scheduled for Oct. 3 against the New York Giants.
Sean Payton reached out to the Cowboys about practicing at AT&T Stadium before Hurricane Ida hit the southern Louisiana area.
The Saints relocated their staff, players, and a few families to Dallas before the storm hit the region, and the New Orleans area lost electrical power for its citizens and businesses.
Without electricity in the metropolitan area, it is doubtful the team and City of New Orleans could support hosting a football contest for quite some time.
Saints News Network will provide more details on the Saints-Packers game at AT&T Stadium later.
READ MORE SAINTS NEWS
- Saints Final Roster Cuts Tracker 2021
- Saints Final 53-Man Roster Predictions: Offense
- Jerry Jones: AT&T Stadium to Host Saints-Packers in Week 1, per Report
- Saints Release RB Devonta Freeman, According to Reporte
- Benson Donates $1M, Saints Official Statement on Hurricane Ida
- Saints, NFL, and City Face Dilemmas After Hurricane Ida
- Saints to Move Team Operations in Preparation for Hurricane Ida, per Report
- BREAKING: Saints-Cardinals Preseason Game Canceled Because of Hurricane Ida
- Saints Sign DT Damion Square, According to Source