The Top quarterback Prospect in College football- North Dakota’s Trey Lance is declaring for the 2021 NFL Draft. According to Yahoo Sports, he is leaving North Dakota State University to focus on training and will not be playing in the postponed spring season.
Only 15 months ago Lance was an unknown redshirt freshman battling for the starting QB spot in Fargo and now he is projected to be a first-round pick in the upcoming draft.
Lance shared with Yahoo Sports that this year has been a bit mind-boggling saying, “It’s been a heck of a ride for the last year. I’ve learned a ton, I’ve grown a ton as a person and a football player. I honestly have to give all the credit to the guys around me, to the strength staff and coaching staff and guys I’ve played with.”
Although 6-foot-4, 228-pound dual-threat is excited about heading to the NFL he shared it wasn’t an easy decision to make- saying, "This was the hardest decision I ever had to make in my life, without a doubt, It comes down to me feeling ready and praying about it as much I can and feeling like I have a solid handle on everything.” Lance will now gear up for the NFL after having thrown just one interception in college.
FOR MORE CONTENT FROM SI:
- MAQB: Insight Into Bill O'Brien's Firing and Quarter-Season Awards Around the NFL
- NFL Rumors: Austin Ekeler Expected to Miss 4-6 Weeks With Hamstring Strain
- Q&A: NJPW’s ‘Switchblade’ Jay White on G1 Climax, NBA Finals and More
- Supreme Court Allows Minor Leaguers' Class-Action Lawsuit Over Pay
- Jimmy Butler's Performance Reminds Us of LeBron in the 2015 NBA Finals
- Ron Rivera on Coaching Through Final Weeks of Cancer Treatment: 'It's Who I Am'
- Jerry Seinfeld Has a Great Reason for Not Wanting To Buy the Mets: TRAINA THOUGHTS