Kevin Hanson joins SI for the 2019 season. His fantasy rankings have placed him in the Top 20 in each of the past two seasons among all the industry experts tracked by FantasyPros.com, and he has been in the Top 25 in six of the past eight years.
QB Start of the Week: Kyler Murray, Arizona Cardinals (vs. ATL)
Kyler Murray and I have each thrown zero passing touchdowns over the past two weeks. Unlike me, however, Murray has still been a productive fantasy quarterback due to a pair of rushing scores.
Performing as a top-five fantasy quarterback over the past two weeks, the mobile rookie has gained 120 yards on the ground during that span in addition to his two rushing touchdowns. On the season, Murray is fantasy’s QB7 through Week 5.
Murray should end his two-game passing touchdown drought with a matchup against Atlanta. Only Washington (13) has allowed more passing touchdowns than Atlanta (12) this season.
In addition, the Falcons rank in the bottom four of the league in completion percentage allowed (71.0) and yards per pass attempt allowed (8.5). Plus, only the Dolphins have allowed more fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks this season.
QB Sit of the Week: Baker Mayfield, Cleveland Browns (vs. SEA)
As well as Baker Mayfield played as a rookie, his sophomore campaign has been a major disappointment through Week 5. The QB27 heading into Week 6, Mayfield is just behind Daniel Jones and Teddy Bridgewater (tied for 24) and Case Keenum (26) in fantasy points scored.
Mayfield compiled a 27-to-14 TD-INT ratio as a rookie, but he has thrown twice as many interceptions (eight) as touchdowns (four) through five games this season. In addition, he’s yet to throw multiple touchdowns in any game this year.
Unlike his former OU teammate, Mayfield isn’t making plays with his legs to help compensate for the lack of passing numbers. Running only four times this year, Mayfield has zero rushing yards.
It’d be reasonable to expect better things from Mayfield at some point this season, but I prefer at least 15 other quarterbacks this week over him.
Week 6 fantasy football quarterback rankings:
• QB1: Patrick Mahomes, KC vs HOU
• QB2: Deshaun Watson, HOU @ KC
• QB3: Lamar Jackson, BAL vs CIN
• QB4: Matt Ryan, ATL @ ARI
• QB5: Russell Wilson, SEA @ CLE
• QB6: Kyler Murray, ARI vs ATL
• QB7: Tom Brady, NE vs NYG
• QB8: Dak Prescott, DAL @ NYJ
• QB9: Aaron Rodgers, GB vs DET
• QB10: Jared Goff, LAR vs SF
• QB11: Jameis Winston, TB vs CAR
• QB12: Gardner Minshew, JAC vs NO
• QB13: Kirk Cousins, MIN vs PHI
• QB14: Jimmy Garoppolo, SF @ LAR
• QB15: Carson Wentz, PHI @ MIN
• QB16: Philip Rivers, LAC vs PIT
• QB17: Kyle Allen, CAR @ TB
• QB18: Baker Mayfield, CLE vs SEA
• QB19: Andy Dalton, CIN @ BAL
• QB20: Matthew Stafford, DET @ GB
• QB21: Teddy Bridgewater, NO @ JAC
• QB22: Case Keenum, WAS @ MIA
• QB23: Daniel Jones, NYG @ NE
• QB24: Marcus Mariota, TEN @ DEN
• QB25: Joe Flacco, DEN vs TEN
Looking for an edge? Check out the Fantasy Assistant from FullTime Fantasy. Sync with your league, and this premium tool offers personalized waiver advice, team analysis, projections, optimal lineups and trade suggestions. Lose Saquon Barkley this week? Fantasy Assistant can automatically help you pick the best replacement. Join now for a free seven-day trial. Use promo code sifantasy for 30% off your first month or year.