With their seventh-round selection (No. 235), the Detroit Lions have drafted Ohio State DT Jashon Cornell.
The Lions acquired the pick as part of a trade with the Patriots earlier this offseason. In the deal, Detroit general manager Bob Quinn also landed veteran safety Duron Harmon.
Cornell suited up for 46 games over his four-year career with the Buckeyes, and produced 13.5 tackles for loss, seven sacks and 63 total tackles.
The selection of Cornell marks the end of a highly eventful three days for Quinn and the Lions.
It saw the Lions execute two trades, and acquire a total of nine players, including former Ohio State standout cornerback Jeff Okudah at No. 3 overall.
Who the Lions have picked:
- First round, Pick three - Ohio State CB Jeff Okudah
- Second round, Pick three (No. 35 overall) - Georgia RB D’Andre Swift
- Third round, Pick three (No. 67 overall) - Notre Dame EDGE Julian Okwara
- Third round, Pick 11 (No. 75 overall from Colts) - OSU G Jonah Jackson
- Fourth round, Pick 15 (No. 121 overall from Raiders) - Kentucky G Logan Stenberg
- Fifth round, Pick 20 (No. 166 overall from Eagles) - Wisconsin WR Quintez Cephus
- Fifth round, Pick 26 (No. 172 overall from Raiders) - New Mexico State RB Jason Huntley
- Sixth round, Pick 18 (No. 197 overall from Colts) - Utah DT John Penisini
- Seventh round, Pick 21 (No. 235 overall from Eagles via Patriots) - Ohio State DT Jashon Cornell
- Day 3
- Rounds: 4-7
- Time: Noon until approximately 7 p.m. EST
- TV: ABC, ESPN and NFL Network
Detroit's picks: Fourth round, pick three (No. 109 overall); fifth round, pick 20 (No. 166 overall from Eagles); sixth round, pick 18 (No. 197 overall from Colts); seventh round, pick 21 (No. 235 overall from Eagles via Patriots)
Additional NFL Draft Coverage