Now as the NFL season gets closer to the midpoint of the schedule, team records are starting to hold more weight. While the Rams hold possession of a 6-1 record, four other teams in the NFC are either undefeated or have just one loss just as the Rams do.
Sports Illustrated released its power rankings Tuesday morning as they assess the results from the start of the season all the way up to Week 7.
Rams power rank: 3
Last week: Win vs. Lions, 28-19
Next week: at Houston Texans
While the Rams sat as the No. 1 team in last week's rankings, they've dropped two spots despite a win over the Lions last week.
SI staff writer Conor Orr, who compiled the rankings this week, stated the following about the Rams:
Rams vs. Jaguars Week 13 Preview: Can L.A. Take Advantage of a 'Get Right' Game?
Previewing the storylines ahead of the Rams' Week 13 matchup against the Jaguars.
Rams' Wednesday Injury Report for Week 13 vs. Jaguars
The Rams have released their Wednesday injury report ahead of the Week 13 game against the Jaguars.
Rams Designate LB Justin Hollins For Return From Injured Reserve | Team Tracker
The Rams will be getting back a defensive reinforcement in linebacker Justin Hollins.
"L.A. is third in offensive DVOA and fourth in defensive DVOA, making them one of the most statistically sound and across-the-board dominant teams. While they remain a favorite of mine to reach the Super Bowl, the loss against Arizona lingers."
Orr indicates the Rams are one of the most complete teams, ranking top five in offensive and defensive DVOA. However, their only loss came against the Cardinals, a team that remains the only undefeated squad after seven weeks, but also a team that the Rams find themselves chasing in the NFC West standings.
Meanwhile, Orr does claim that the Rams are his Super Bowl favorite. His reason for holding back the Rams from the top spot stems from the Cardinals' loss, who Orr ranked ahead of L.A.
The Rams will look to continue their winning ways in Week 8 when they hit the road to take on the Houston Texans. Kickoff is scheduled for 10:00 a.m. PT on Sunday, Oct. 31 as L.A. searches for their seventh victory of the season.
More from Ram Digest:
- Sean McVay Hints at a Possible Cam Akers Return if Rams Make Playoffs
- Sean McVay Reveals What Went Into Trading LB Kenny Young
- Grading the Rams & Broncos' Kenny Young Trade
- Rams Trade LB Kenny Young to Broncos
- Rams at Texans Week 8 Opening Odds: Point Spread, Over/Under, Moneyline
- 3 Key Adjustments the Rams Must Make Following Week 7 Game vs. Lions
- Quotes of Note: The Best From Rams' Week 7 Win Over Lions
- Rams Top Lions 28-19 in Late-Game Thriller
- Jared Goff Reportedly Hung Up When Sean McVay Called About Offseason Trade
- Rams Release Tribute Video for Jared Goff & Michael Brockers' Return to L.A.
- Rams RB Cam Akers Making Strides of Improvement in Recent Rehab Update