Back-to-back seasons with 13 wins and three straight NFC South titles has yet to yield another Super Bowl appearance for the Saints. In 2020, they’ll face a familiar rival with a new face of the franchise as Tom Brady and the Buccaneers travel to the Superdome for Week 1. The Saints are scheduled to appear in five primetime matchups including a game on Christmas, which is a rematch of last year’s NFC wild-card game against the Vikings. Plus, the Saints/Bucs' second game this year is a Sunday Night Football matchup in November.
According to William Hill, the Saints have the toughest home schedule in the NFL. Can they win 11 games and go over oddsmakers' projections?
- Week 1 Sept. 13: vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 4:25 p.m., Fox
- Week 2 Sept. 20: at Oakland Raiders, 8:15 p.m., ESPN
- Week 3 Sept. 27: vs. Green Bay Packers, 8:20 p.m., NBC
- Week 4 Oct. 4: at Detroit Lions, 1 p.m., Fox
- Week 5 Oct. 12: vs. Los Angeles Chargers, 8:15 p.m., ESPN
- Week 6 BYE
- Week 7 Oct. 25: vs. Carolina Panthers, 1 p.m. Fox
- Week 8 Nov. 1: at Chicago Bears, 4:25 p.m., Fox
- Week 9 Nov. 8: at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 8:20 p.m., NBC
- Week 10 Nov. 15: vs. San Francisco 49ers, 4:25 p.m., Fox
- Week 11 Nov. 22: vs. Atlanta Falcons, 1 p.m., Fox
- Week 12 Nov. 29: at Denver Broncos, 4:05 p.m., Fox
- Week 13 Dec. 6: at Atlanta Falcons, 1 p.m., Fox
- Week 14 Dec. 13: at Philadelphia Eagles, 4:25 p.m., Fox
- Week 15 Dec. 20: vs. Kansas City Chiefs, 4:25 p.m., CBS
- Week 16 Dec. 25: vs. Minnesota Vikings, 4:30 p.m., Fox/NFL Network/Amazon
- Week 17 Jan. 3: at Carolina Panthers, 1 p.m., Fox
Saints Projected Win Total and Odds: 10.5 wins OVER -110/UNDER -110
Fun Facts From 2019:
- After scoring 31 touchdowns in his first 31 games, Alvin Kamara only saw paydirt six times in 2019. Kamara caught 81 passes in all three of his seasons in the NFL.
- The Saints’ TEs led the league in yards per catch (13.66) and finished third in TDs (11).
- Michael Thomas had the best catch rate (80.5) in the NFL while setting the all-time high for catches (149). Over four years in the NFL, he has 470 catches for 5,512 yards and 32 TDs on 602 targets (catch rate of 78.1).
- New Orleans’ defense finished third in the NFL in sacks (51).
- Jared Cook scored nine touchdowns on his final 40 catches (22.5 percent of catches led to TDs) while averaging 16.7 yards per catch over this span.