NFL free agency has arrived, and the Kansas City Chiefs have already seen some major changes across their roster this offseason. Ranging from the additions of JuJu Smith-Schuster and Justin Reid to the departures of Charvarius Ward and Byron Pringle, the Chiefs will look different in 2022.
This tracker will update regularly with reported deals and rumors tying players to the Chiefs and when members of the 2021 Chiefs are reported to be signing elsewhere.
Kansas City Chiefs Free Agent Move Tracker
- On Friday afternoon, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reported that the Chiefs are signing former Carolina Panthers linebacker Jermaine Carter. Carter was recently on a visit with the team.
- After eight seasons with the Chiefs, safety Daniel Sorensen is departing for New Orleans. Per Ari Meirov of Pro Football Focus, Sorensen is signing with the Saints.
- Not long after trading away superstar wide receiver Tyreek Hill, the Chiefs signed former Green Bay Packers wide receiver Marquez Valdes-Scantling.
How can MVS begin to fill the void left by Hill's departure? Click here for the breakdown.
- On Thursday, the Chiefs released a tweet welcoming back Henne, Reiter, Nnadi and also tight end Blake Bell.
- Center Austin Reiter, who started 38 games with the Chiefs between 2018-2020, is now back on the team. Meirov first reported the news.
- Safety Deon Bush is now becoming a member of the Chiefs after a six-year stint with the Chicago Bears.
- Wide receiver Demarcus Robinson is reportedly leaving the Chiefs but staying in the AFC West on a one-year deal with the Las Vegas Raiders.
- Former Kansas State Wildcat and NFL journeyman linebacker Elijah Lee is signing a one-year deal with the Chiefs, according to Herbie Teope of The Kansas City Star.
- Defensive tackle Jarran Reed is departing Kansas City to sign with the Green Bay Packers.
- The Chiefs are reportedly signing former first-round pick wide receiver Corey Coleman, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
What can Coleman bring to KC? Click here for a full breakdown.
- The Chiefs are adding a young cornerback prospect, former San Diego State cornerback Luq Barcoo, according to his agency.
- Cornerback Mike Hughes is headed back to the NFC North, per Doug Kyed of Pro Football Focus. This time around, the 25-year-old is signing a one-year contract with the Detroit Lions.
- Defensive tackle Derrick Nnadi is returning on a one-year deal, according to his agency.
What does Nnadi's return mean for the Chiefs? Click here for more.
- The Chiefs are signing former Houston and Washington offensive tackle Geron Christian, Aaron Wilson reports.
Are the Chiefs done at the tackle position? Click here for more.
- The Chiefs have signed wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster to a one-year deal worth $10.75 million.
For more on Smith-Schuster's deal and what it means for the Chiefs, click here.
- Wide receiver Byron Pringle is heading to the Chicago Bears, according to Rapoport. Rapoport added that Pringle's deal is for one year and $4 million fully guaranteed, with an additional $2 million in incentives.
- Offensive lineman Andrew Wylie has reportedly re-signed with the Chiefs on a one-year deal worth $2.5 million guaranteed, according to Ari Meirov of MySportsUpdate. Wylie started the majority of the season at right tackle for KC in 2021 after injuries to Lucas Niang and Mike Remmers.
- Center Austin Blythe, who spent the 2021 season backing up rookie center Creed Humphrey, has left KC to sign with the Seattle Seahawks, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.
- Quarterback Chad Henne is back for another year behind Patrick Mahomes on a one-year, $2 million deal, according to Mike Garafolo of NFL Network.
- Cornerback Charvarius Ward has agreed to a three-year deal with the San Francisco 49ers worth up to $42 million with $26.7 million guaranteed, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Ward tweeted his thanks to the Chiefs organization and fans after news of his signing: "Thanks #ChiefsKingdom for 4 great years. Blessed to have been a part of such a great organization. Great coaches, great fans, & a great team. Love y’all.
- The Chiefs' biggest acquisition of Monday is former Houston Texans safety Justin Reid, likely ending Tyrann Mathieu's time in Kansas City.
What are the Chiefs getting with Justin Reid? Click here for full details.
- The Chiefs have agreed to a reworked contract with defensive end Frank Clark.
What does Clark's new deal mean for KC? Click here for full details.
- The Chiefs plan to tender exclusive-rights free agent cornerback Deandre Baker, per Herbie Teope of The Kansas City Star.
- On Tuesday night, Teope also reported that the Chiefs are tendering the same exclusive rights in regards to tight end Jody Fortson, who is coming off an Achilles tear.
- The Chiefs are also tendering running back Derrick Gore under the same parameters, per Teope.
- Cornerback Chris Lammons did not receive a qualifying offer from the Chiefs, according to Teope. Lammons was named a suspect in a Las Vegas beating involving New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara.
- The Chiefs' first free-agent signing of the offseason is a re-signing. Per Aaron Wilson of Pro Football Network, Kansas City is bringing back fullback Michael Burton.