Odell Beckham made his Los Angeles Rams debut on Monday Night Football against the San Francisco 49ers just days after signing with the club. With just one walkthrough practice under his belt, Beckham saw 15 snaps, receiving three targets and logging two receptions for 18 yards at Levi's Stadium.
Following his first game with the Rams, Jay Glazer of Fox Sports appeared as a guest on The Pat McAfee Show on Wednesday and stated some interesting aspects regarding the Beckham sweepstakes prior to him signing with the Rams.
"Odell wanted to go to L.A. the whole time," Glazer said. "It was Jalen Ramsey. Jalen got a lot of juice in this thing. Jalen is the one who brought it to McVay like on Wednesday. Odell looked at like he didn't care if he was going to make league minimum because he'd make more money off the field in L.A. than he would on the field somewhere else."
Glazer states that Beckham had his sights set on playing in L.A. from the jump. He also touches on the contract that Beckham signed, which is largely incentive-based as his base salary sits at $750,000 while receiving a signing bonus of $500,000. Glazer says Beckham wasn't hung up on getting the most money out of the Rams upon signing because he believed he'd be taken care of financially off the field due to what L.A. provides from a marketing perspective.
Rams at Buccaneers Divisional Round: 3 Bold Predictions
Here are three bold predictions ahead of the Rams at Buccaneers Wild Card Round matchup.
Rams at Buccaneers: Divisional Round Prediction and Picks
Which team holds the edge? We give our predictions ahead of the Rams at Buccaneers Divisional Round matchup.
Rams' Final Injury Report for Divisional Round at Buccaneers
The Rams have released its Friday injury report ahead of the Divisional Round matchup against the Buccaneers.
"Odell's been trying to go to the Rams for a long time," Glazer said. "Even after he got traded to the Browns, I remember talking to him, and he's like 'dude, you gotta help me get traded out to the Rams.' I'm like 'it doesn't work like that bro.'"
Beckham lives and trains in L.A. during the offseason and according to Glazer, this has been a destination he's been trying to get to for a great length of time.
More from Ram Digest:
- Rams OC Kevin O'Connell Named a Head Coaching Candidate for 2022
- Aaron Rodgers Shares Packers' Pursuit of Odell Beckhma Jr. Prior to Him Choosing Rams
- Aaron Rodgers Backs Matthew Stafford, Saying He's 'One of the Most Gifted Throwers'
- Odell Beckham Jr. Reflects on Blowout Loss to 49ers in Rams Debut
- 5 Takeaways From the Rams' Week 10 Loss to 49ers
- Rams' Defense Struggles to Find Answers for the 49ers' Running Game
- Rams Routed by 49ers on Monday Night Football, Falling 31-10
- Rams CB Jalen Ramsey Receives Fine From the NFL
- Odell Beckham Jr. Details His Decision That Led Him to Sign With the Rams