Fourteen high school seniors in Florida, plus one underclassman, have been named Sports Illustrated All-American candidates.
The SI99 is an inaugural ranking of Sports Illustrated's top senior high school basketball players in the country. The prospects who made the cut earn the distinction of being named a Sports Illustrated All-American candidate. Five elite underclassmen were also selected as All-American candidates, but are not reflected in the SI99.
Florida's 14 SI99 honorees represent the most from a single state, well ahead of seven from California. Georgia and Texas, with six players each, tie for third. North Carolina is the only other state where more than four student-athletes on the SI99 are playing high school basketball this season.
For a breakdown of which of the 99 nominees have verbally committed to or are considering major schools in Florida or the SEC as their college choice, head to:
- Florida State
- South Carolina
- Texas A&M
Video highlights, scouting analyses and a list of each player’s college verbal commitment and/or top college contenders can be found on their bio pages at SIAllAmerican.com.
The SI All-American candidates in Florida are:
- Tamar Bates – 6-4 / 175 / SG from Bradenton, Fla.
- Charles Bediako – 6-10 / 210 / C from Bradenton, Fla.
- Wesley Cardet – 6-5 / 175 / SG from Orlando, Fla.
- Dallan "Deebo" Coleman – 6-5 / 190 / SG from Callahan, Fla.
- Moussa Diabate – 6-10 / 215 / PF from Bradenton, Fla.
- Alex Fudge – 6-7 / 175 / SF from Jacksonville, Fla.
- DaRon Holmes – 6-8 / 205 / PF from Montverde, Fla.
- Caleb Houstan – 6-8 / 195 / SG from Montverde, Fla.
- Langston Love – 6-4 / 190 / SG from Montverde, Fla.
- Ramses Melendez – 6-5 / 190 / SF from Kissimmee, Fla.
- Josh Minott – 6-8 / 175 / SF from Boca Raton, Fla.
- Efton Reid – 7-0 / 225 / C from Bradenton, Fla.
- Ernest Ross – 6-9 / 205 / PF from Alachua, Fla.
- Benny Williams – 6-8 / 185 / PF from Bradenton, Fla.
- Jalen Duren – 6-9 / 220 / C from Montverde, Fla. (junior)
Hundreds and hundreds of student-athletes were evaluated for the SI99—Sports Illustrated’s ranking of the top-99 senior high school basketball players in the country—before the list of All-American candidates was finalized.
The SI99 was unveiled on Dec. 2, accompanied by lists of prospects ordered by state and college choice/contenders. Position rankings, in-depth videos on top-rated players and more will be released throughout the remainder of December. Sports Illustrated’s final All-American teams for the 2020-21 prep hoops season will be announced in coming months.